This salad is so festive looking and the cranberries look like little jewels against the bright green spinach. This can be a meal in itself with some fresh, crusty bread. The orange flavored dressing goes perfectly with the spinach, cranberries, and walnuts. Served first at a Thanksgiving dinner, it was a big hit! This is another quick, easy, all-fresh ingredient dish that is nutritious and delicious.
- 8 cups of baby spinach
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large Fuji apple chopped into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon sharp, smooth mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup ground walnuts
Mix it all in a glass jar and give it a good shake so that everything is well emulsified. Pour as much as you like on the salad. Give it a good toss and serve immediately.
Serves 4. Preparation time: 10 minutes.