Salads are so easy to make at home and so much cheaper than buying from outside. This salad keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days. The bold flavors are just right for the summer when herbs are plentiful and reasonably priced.
- 2 cups washed and chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup washed and chopped fresh mint
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup cooked bulgar (for gluten-free add the same amount of quinoa or brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- While chopping the herbs, cook the grain.
- Toss all the ingredients well in a large bowl.
- Chill for at least a couple of hours for the flavors to blend.
- Serve with toasted or plain pita, bagel chips, or corn chips. It makes a flavorful pita sandwich with some hummus or feta cheese.
Serves 6. Preparation time: 20-30 minutes.
Leave a Reply