- 1 cup of steamed, boiled, or roasted beets, sliced or diced
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 1 2 in. square wheat cracker
- 1 teaspoon of orange blossom honey
- 1/3 cup of good olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- 2 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Blend all of the ingredients together, putting the whisked lemon juice mixture and olive oil in first, followed by the walnuts and wheat cracker, and then the beets on top.
Serves 6-8 as appetizer. Preparation: 10 minutes.